Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Moment of Silence...
07-13-2015, 04:04 AM
A Moment of Silence...
I'm sure you've all heard the news by now but in case you haven't. Nintendo announced that President and CEO of Nintendo Satoru Iwata passed away yesterday due to a bile duct growth at age 55. This is a great loss to not only Nintendo but the whole gaming community. Rest in piece Mr. Iwata. You we're a great man that was taken to early. You will be missed. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: A Moment of Silence...
Yeah I heard about this. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata!

http://kotaku.com/thousands-attend-two-d...1718506891

The good news is that his work will live on. He helped design the DS, took some good parts in E3 events and I think one of his last business moves (this year) was to push mobile gaming to Nintendo somehow. I'm not sure how that turned out but I hope Nintendo goes with it.

"Y'know...Someday we adults are gonna have to hand this world off to this little scamp and the rest of his generation. But what kinda world are we adults gonna make? What kinda world do we wanna pass to these kids? If we haven't even figured that out ourselves, we're never gonna get anywhere. So are we gonna make a world where everyone can coexist together? Or, after all, is it gonna be a world that we claim by force? One that we fight and scrabble over..." -Team Aqua Archie

Click if you give a damn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2015, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 04:51 AM by Yuuka Kazami.)
RE: A Moment of Silence...
Iwata's made some questionable decisions but he was still overall a brilliant man and the world is that much darker for his loss.

I heard about it on Splatoon through Miiverse about three minutes after he died, but Pokerealm has been wonky recently so I didn't bother posting Tongue

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply