Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RIP, WiFi
05-21-2014, 02:14 AM
RIP, WiFi
So since it's May 20th, the Wi-Fi servers are (sadly) going down permanently for all gen 4 and 5 games. Do you have any great memories of wi-fi battles / trades that occured in those generations?

in gen 4 I did a lot of competitive battling online. Back in our days we had to deal with Latias and heracross who were actually legit threats in OU. There was the big WiFi blackout back in 2009 where trades broke and battles got disconnected and everyone lost their minds.

The one thing I will NOT be missing are the Lv 9 and under reshiram / zekrom / legendary trades on the GTS :/

"Y'know...Someday we adults are gonna have to hand this world off to this little scamp and the rest of his generation. But what kinda world are we adults gonna make? What kinda world do we wanna pass to these kids? If we haven't even figured that out ourselves, we're never gonna get anywhere. So are we gonna make a world where everyone can coexist together? Or, after all, is it gonna be a world that we claim by force? One that we fight and scrabble over..." -Team Aqua Archie

Click if you give a damn.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 03:00 AM by Yuuka Kazami.)
RE: RIP, WiFi
(05-21-2014 02:14 AM)Markiss Wrote:  Do you have any great memories of wi-fi battles / trades that occured in those generations?

none

(this is a pre-emptive post before anyone else decides to say something similar)

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply