Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plugin suggestions
02-07-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 11:21 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
Plugin suggestions
This section is empty so I figured I could post something here. I have all of two suggestions for plugins anyway, and I'm not sure if the MyBB plugins list even has these, but here they are:
  • a Markdown editor or, at the very least, MyCode that accepts Markdown input. I really like Markdown and I'd love to see it supported in MyBB. (Markdown is the thing that, for example, Tumblr uses, but I think Google+ and GitHub use a derivative of it.) The alternative is Textile, I can use that, it's pretty cool too, but I prefer Markdown. PHP Markdown Extra preferred.
  • banning users per thread. This mostly started as a joke about how out of control my silly forum game went, but I actually think this would be a pretty cool idea. Let mods actually do something a bit more.

edit: Why does this section exist? There's already two separate sections lower in the forum.

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:17 AM by Markiss.)
RE: Plugin suggestions
1. you mean this? http://mods.mybb.com/view/markdown

if it allows you to write PHP code into a page that sounds really really really dangerous and not good....

2. sounds kinda unnecessary since we have hellban.

3. this is the forum for FORUM suggestions like plugins and extra forums and stuff, the one below is for main website suggestions like bad layouts, new sections, etc

"Y'know...Someday we adults are gonna have to hand this world off to this little scamp and the rest of his generation. But what kinda world are we adults gonna make? What kinda world do we wanna pass to these kids? If we haven't even figured that out ourselves, we're never gonna get anywhere. So are we gonna make a world where everyone can coexist together? Or, after all, is it gonna be a world that we claim by force? One that we fight and scrabble over..." -Team Aqua Archie

Click if you give a damn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 07:22 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
RE: Plugin suggestions
I do mean that but I'm also pretty sure that that plugin doesn't actually work. Also it hasn't been updated in four years. I tried making one but I never could get it to work...

I don't know what hellban is.

Isn't the forum part of the website? I don't think this section is necessary.

Alternative methods in place of Markdown:

If either you or Cirrus could figure out how to get Hallo.js or Aloha Editor to work in MyBB that would be glorious beyond compare. There's no MyBB plugins for those on the MyBB website.

Or something like TinyMCE but I don't exactly trust any of the MyBB implementations.

More suggestions:
  • The Private Messages Editor which apparently edits unread private messages, in case someone mistyped or something. You should probably test this before using it. For security reasons.
  • MentionMe -- because we secretly want to be just like Twitter. Works best with MyAlerts
  • Speaking of MyAlerts, are you guys using this for the Rep system? Because installing MyAlerts will get some sort of alert system and that would be cool.
  • AJAX Chat but I've never even heard of this so I don't know if this is like the one we all like (you remember Forumotion's chatbox of course)
  • Using [noparse] tags would be helpful in some situations! Here's a mod for that.
  • We can use Gravatars for whatever reason lol idk

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply