Poll: Would you be interested in this idea?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Podcast Anyone?
02-05-2014, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 04:33 PM by SL.)
Rainbow Podcast Anyone?
Hi Folks,

So, like some of you here, I would like to see PR back to it's bustling self when I joined a fair number of years ago, and even make it better. After thinking of a couple of ideas, I was thinking perhaps we could be utilising the YouTube channel a bit more by perhaps hosting a Podcast?

With this podcast we can discuss anything from competitive battling sets for Pokémon to the Pokémon Bank fiasco to even new Pokémon games and events.

I just feel that if we can do things like Podcasts, we will raise the profile of our site significantly. Other ideas include the perhaps use of social networking sites such as FB and Twitter.

What are your thoughts?

[Image: Random_Pokemon_Signature_by_T_Sheen.jpg]
"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: Podcast Anyone?
That's a great Idea!

We could do discussion of new pokemon and mechanics, talk about teambuilding, and so on.

Must draw signature :Exclamation
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 11:34 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
This seems to be the official line-up:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...odcast.png
(sy, me, cynda, mark, sl)

Done via Skype even though sy's internet is spotty and Skype and I don't get along well at all.

Mark apparently can't talk due to his lack of a mic, so I'll probably change the picture in the future, although he'll contribute to discussion via text, and I think we decided on not actually talking about Pokemon-related things entirely, since that would be boring to talk about and even more boring to read. I don't know what else we have planned.

Also: we actually do have a Twitter. It's right here: https://twitter.com/pokerealm Mark is in charge of it but I run it from time to time.

We had a Facebook but that's gone now. We also have a YouTube channel, we could probably upload the podcast to that in the form of videos.

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2014, 12:09 AM
basically it's gotta be funny

like really funny
02-06-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:01 AM by Yuuka Kazami.)
I don't actually think any of us are funny enough to be really funny. I doubt that would stop us.

edit: I am now calling this podcast The Pokerealm Initiative. At this point I don't even care about what it's actually going to be called (probably something simple like Pokerealmcast or something, hell if I know)

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
02-09-2014, 01:37 AM
I'll do it. it would be cool if we could get listed on itunes too. im not sure if that costs money though, and money is something im really short on.

"Y'know...Someday we adults are gonna have to hand this world off to this little scamp and the rest of his generation. But what kinda world are we adults gonna make? What kinda world do we wanna pass to these kids? If we haven't even figured that out ourselves, we're never gonna get anywhere. So are we gonna make a world where everyone can coexist together? Or, after all, is it gonna be a world that we claim by force? One that we fight and scrabble over..." -Team Aqua Archie

Click if you give a damn.
02-09-2014, 03:08 AM
We could just use Soundcloud instead of iTunes if it costs money. If not, we could do both!

~Please let me show you the pain my scars have made me obtain~
02-09-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 02:32 AM by Yuuka Kazami.)
I posted this on the Pokerealm Steam group but I'm holding off mentioning it on Twitter until we've actually finished the first couple of podcasts. Or, as I'm tempted to call it from now on, audiocasts, since podcast is a portmanteau of broadcast and that filthy Apple product.

I suggest updating every Sunday because that gives us a week to actually podcast (or, more specifically, Monday to record and then the rest of the week to edit it to something that doesn't sound like complete Trubbish)

edit: something else to note - we should optimize the podcast for at least half of these

edit 2: So we've basically figured out a plan on what to talk about: general Pokemon discussion. We might venture into minor competitive Pokemon discussion but, for the most part, it's confirmed that that would be so god damn boring to listen to you have no idea

We're also going to be very light on the NFE content, despite that being actually kind of important for Pokerealm. And I might just intersperse some gameplay footage of me playing Pokemon Crystal really badly. We could, alternatively, intersperse some other gameplay footage, but I'll probably just play a lot of Pokemon games, and since I'm awful at Pokemon...

I don't want the audiocast to be like a radio show, but I also don't want it to be a talk show, since that's boring. So it'll mostly be general Pokemon discussion, with wild tangents all over the place. Hopefully that would be entertaining.

(edit 3: I've finally taken the time to actually listen to an actual podcast. Let's do one of those.)

(かざ)()(ゆう)()