Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dumb things I make
02-03-2014, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 05:44 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
dumb things I make
Because there's not enough of my art on this forum already.

(If you're here looking for good art, go look for Wyatt, he's like five hundred times better than me.)

[Image: tree%20sun%20summer%20day.png]
I drew this while I was recording myself drawing this. I know it's hard to tell, but I drew it in MS Paint, which is the best graphics program in the world.
The [vN] in the bottom corner is a nod to my Twitch stream.

[Image: resting.png]
I also drew this in MS Paint. This was just a tablet test.

[Image: ckc.png]
This is actually really old! It was done in um Illustrator I think. CKC actually vectorized it so I'm not sure what he used.

[Image: glurgle.png]
glurgle

[Image: bleh.png]
It's Markiss, webby and me! There really wasn't a story to go with this I just wanted to draw people who weren't sy or ckc

[Image: sy-i-guess.png]
This is an old version of sy, his new one is his offline picture on his Twitch stream. He has shorter hair now.

[Image: Th135Yuuka.gif]
(かざ)()(ゆう)()
I am indeed one who dabbles in flowers.
Is there anything I can help you with?
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
Formerly known as: VMU, 7, Variant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: dumb things I make
i like your drawing style. saving the CKC one for future lolz.

remember the idea where we take parts of the chat and you make comics out of them? i think that would go nicely along with this drawing style.

"Y'know...Someday we adults are gonna have to hand this world off to this little scamp and the rest of his generation. But what kinda world are we adults gonna make? What kinda world do we wanna pass to these kids? If we haven't even figured that out ourselves, we're never gonna get anywhere. So are we gonna make a world where everyone can coexist together? Or, after all, is it gonna be a world that we claim by force? One that we fight and scrabble over..." -Team Aqua Archie

Click if you give a damn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 06:08 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
...something like this?
[Image: quotes-1.png]

I actually don't really remember that idea. Well, OK, I remember suggesting it but I don't think anything came out of it.

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
The hunched shoulders of a man defeated in battle... This is man's true pathos. This truly is dandyism. - Viscount Orloff, Pokémon X and Y
02-04-2014, 02:36 AM
DO I HAVE ROBOT ARMS THOUGH
02-05-2014, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 03:31 AM by Yuuka Kazami.)
In-story (because there IS a story to all of the Pokerealm characters, and I WILL get around to drawing it some time), they're prosthetics, because I ripped your arms off in a madness-induced frenzy. We don't talk about that.

Non-canonically, yeah pretty much robot arms

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
02-05-2014, 08:33 AM
...can I double-post my own thread?

Yesterday I was streaming myself and I drew a whole bunch of things in Paint since GIMP wasn't working and I can't run Photoshop and my stream and Google Chrome all at the same time since my processor pretty much stutters to a halt apparently.

So, um, here they are.

[Image: the%20meeting%20of%20chiina%20and%20grouve.png]
This is the first thing I drew. Fittingly, it's characters from a game concept I thought of literally yesterday, but like, the stream was at night and the concept came into my head in the morning. So.

Also the banana was a little joke. I'm not sure why.

[Image: variant.png]
IT'S ME! I'm the star.

[Image: gotta%20go%20fast.png]
Gotta go fast. I think I was listening to power metal when I drew this.

Also, banana.

[Image: lily.png]
One of my legitimately original characters. Nothing to say, really, since I still haven't finished establishing the story in my head.

[Image: christian.png]
Another of my legitimately original characters. I actually drew this before the stream started but ehhhhh

[Image: herpes.png]
I think this was where the J-pop came in. And left with a vengeance. It was originally going to be an angel girl but then someone (I think it was sy) was like NEEDS MOAR EXPLOSIONS so I drew a cat with dynamite.

[Image: sy-eyes.png]
sy's character's eyes. There was a fun little back and forth between it being Kakashi and...I don't remember the other guy. Oh well no it's totally sy

[Image: violentsofa.png]
One of the guys on the stream was named Violentsofa. He requested a violent sofa and I totally did.
I think he has his own Twitter, I'm pretty sure it's the same name. Check him out I guess??

[Image: face.png]
The last thing I managed to draw before everyone left. It's just a face, nothing special.

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
ViolentSofa was the one who said NEEDS MOAR EXPLOSIONS. Also I'm pretty sure he thought that my character was supposed to be him.

~Please let me show you the pain my scars have made me obtain~
02-06-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 12:22 AM by Webby.)
double posting is a healthy and natural exercise you should not feel ashamed for practicing

i am so down with prosthetic arms i dont even care about the cause to this effect

also doodles are choice
02-10-2014, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 10:50 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
MASSIVE EDIT: I've made a wiki to document my canon, on my subdomain, so I don't clutter this section any more. I'll update things on there instead of over in this thread.

Sometimes I forget my character is the only one that's supposed to have those weirdly-shaped eyes. It's better than Cynda's character, though, since I'm not even sure he has eyes.

New pictures! Kinda!

[Image: abby.png]
I'm also pretty sure Abby used to wear jeans. I guess bike shorts work too? I'm not sure what I was going for there.
The arrow is pointing to her arm. I'm not sure why it's so long, maybe it does something.

[Image: justin.png]
I remember he wore clothes that were almost entirely red. I just rarely actually color these things I make.
(I'm also aware that that isn't his favorite color. It's mine, though.)

[Image: quan.png]
And then he moved to an asylum, never to be seen again.

I made a story based off of all of these characters (who are in turn loosely based off of the original people) and here's what I remember of the original drafts:

(This, by the way, is the story I refer to when I say "canon" or "my story" or something similar. Yeah, now you know!)

The group I refer to as Pokerealm (Cirrus, Markiss, SD, Noid):
Spoiler: show
Cirrus is the head of Pokerealm, a company dedicated to immersive reality gaming. (This wasn't actually a thing until Abby's story that she made that I barely remember.) Cirrus has a cloud for a head and is generally stern but fair. Essentially, the Big Good, if this were a story with conflict, but it’s not, so whatever.

Markiss is the vice-head of Pokerealm. Generally an overconfident but laid-back guy with a crazy hat. Known affectionately as “Markers”, “Mark”, “Darky”, and “that f***ing idiot”. The person a step below CEO except he actually does things.

S.D. (we call him SnorlaxDude) is the old third head of Pokerealm. Large and in charge, SD doesn’t really do anything PR-related IRL any more, but he’s still related to the other two. In-story he’s a high-ranking official of Pokerealm; in reality he’s pretty much just an average member. (Currently inactive.)

Noid, previously Keelow, previously Noidicus, previously Snespera, previously something else probably, is a close personal friend of the three of them. No relation to the previous three, but that’s OK because he’s pretty cool. Also helped co-found Pokerealm but is currently employed as a janitor.
The group I consider to be called Instability (Quan, me, sy)
Quan, known by a lot of names, is the oldest of three. Quan actually witnessed his parents’ murder, and obtained many different psychoses as a result. (I can't actually remember if that was part of the original story or not...) Clinically insane, but still an omnipresent part of history, Quan is the happy-go-lucky clown of the team. Started in Shaychu before moving to Pokerealm before Varry started. (Currently inactive.)

Varry, full name Variant, also known as 7 and van Nullwyn, is the middle of three in her strange family. (This is naturally the longest segment because this is me, damn it.) Born a twin, her twin sibling died prematurely, unknowingly providing her with a severe case of multiple-personality disorder. She also remembers her parents’ deaths, and with an unstable older brother and far too young younger brother, she had to pick up the pieces she could while being insane herself. Varry picked up her first job in Shaychu, before dramas kicked in and she left to Pokerealm. Personality-wise, Variant is serious, stern and unforgiving, 7 is unbalanced and on a permanent sugar rush, and van Nullwyn is where she becomes horribly gender-confused (and also musical? I guess?).

Sy, full name sonicyellow, is the youngest and yet most mentally-stable of the three. The same event that took his parents’ lives also robbed him of eyesight in one eye, prompting him to utilize a silver visor. Being too young to enroll in Shaychu, Sy took to other places. When Varry was hired to Pokerealm, Sy joined a few weeks later. I...completely lost my train of thought so I don't really remember what else happened. There was a thing, though.

The list of characters I didn't bother writing out above but totally actually have characters that I've drawn and fleshed out:
  • CKC, who in-story is technically my boyfriend? It works since he's a robot and I'm completely insane.
  • Cynda (Sakuya Izayoi, Misaka Mikoto, Cyndaqwil)
  • SL (SLXD, Solace Quantum I guess would count?)
  • Justin (Soccerryle, among other names) (Currently inactive.)
  • Abby (Moocher, among other names) (Currently inactive.)
  • Jaden (Gideon Graves, Jaden Yuki) (Currently inactive.)
  • Wibbles (webby) -- this doesn't count because I made him a few days ago, that prosthetic arms thing was actually the first time I tried drawing him, but he's on the list too??
  • Minty (Cindicare Mint, among other names) (Currently inactive.)
  • Gzig, sorta (Currently inactive.)
  • JC (Juliacoolo and derivatives) (Currently inactive.)
  • Arc (Arceus, dragonexpert) (Currently inactive.)
  • Dialace and Starvy (DialaceStarvy) (Currently inactive.)
  • Skochko (or something like that) (Currently inactive.)
  • NHG, that guy that nobody seems to remember (NarutoHeartGold) (Never actually was active.)
  • Culex (Culex77) (Currently perma-banned on the forum.)

Quick summary of all of the events that have happened in my head that I probably won't actually ever elaborate on:
Part one: Variant decides to join Shaychu. After a very anticlimactic first day, her friend Justin establishes himself as an important user of Shaychu. Through a tempest of stupidity, insanity, and Quan, Variant manages to garner enough attention to herself and becomes popular enough to be asked for a staff position, which she refuses. After a terrible event that I conveniently completely forget, Variant is banned and essentially quits. (Which...doesn't reflect reality. I'm actually still an admin on Shaychu, although I did refuse it the first and second times.)

Part two: After Variant leaves Shaychu for Pokerealm, Cirrus decides to challenge her, and she succeeds in the challenges, thus becoming the first actual co-administrator of Pokerealm. Variant starts breaking around this time and develops a persona, 7, that is far more energetic and hyper than her previous self. Through an era filled with madness, drama, idiocy, a website switch, attempted partnerships, and Variant's increasing emotional distress, Cirrus ends up hiring another few admins: the first, Arc, assists in many coding projects, but after a disagreement is never to be seen again; the second, JC, and the most reluctantly chosen due to disagreements between her and 7/Variant/myself, ended up doing pretty much nothing; the third, CKC, did even less; and the fourth, Markiss, causes enough emotional imbalance in Variant that she snaps and quits out of sheer frustration. (...this isn't what actually happened. At all.)

Part three: After regaining enough sanity, and changing her appearance, Variant comes back, deletes everything, and restarts her tenure as a normal member. Something like that, anyway, since this is actually the part that we're at now. After re-establishing herself, forum troubles abound, as Cirrus and Markiss prove to suck horribly at upgrading MyBB, breaking it twice. Suddenly, the newest game comes out, and people slowly but surely lose interest in Pokerealm. The revival efforts of the Pokerealm crew...something, something, blah, blah blah. I'm not sure where I was going with this.

I might be missing people but I think I got everyone from the old days that I actually made characters out of. I seriously can't remember any more people.

Oh, and I guess this counts, too.

MASSIVE EDIT: I've made a wiki to document my canon, on my subdomain, so I don't clutter this section any more. I'll update things on there instead of over in this thread.

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
04-15-2014, 06:42 PM
I was bored and showing a friend how to draw my characters so I drew up some quick sketches. These are two of those sketches.

[Image: unamused.png]

I'm still not that good at drawing two people interacting with each other, so I hid it from view.

Incidentally, I'm also bad at drawing animals. I'm hoping I can rectify this before I get back to the adventure.

[Image: sketch.png]

But wait! Is that really all I'm posting in my art thread, after such a long time with no updates?

Yep.

(かざ)()(ゆう)()
03-27-2015, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 01:41 PM by Yuuka Kazami.)
It's only been a year. I'm updating this topic because choice drawings breh

(also this keyboard sucks so hard so it's not my fault k???_ you have NO IDEA how many time s i hit the backspace button why is it so small tho)

edit: fixed keyboard failures, holy crap there's so many of them.

\\

I've been doing pictures on my phone recently. Problem is, my phone drawing resolution is, uh, 1440x2560. (That's huge, yes.) Sooooo I can't really post them as images here directly. You'll have to click on them directly, they'll just be links.

edit2: NOBODY TELLS ME THAT MY LINKS ARE WRONG gdi gdi gdi hastily fixes everything

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...102112.png - This was supposed to be Hange Zoe from Attack on Titan (on request from a friend). Problem is I have never watched it before so I took a picture that was probably a fan-made one anyway and kind of just guessed everything. Thank god it was only a portrait mugshot; if it was full body I might have cried.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...132238.png - One of my myriad characters and definitely one of my favorites. I've been meaning to make a comic series based on some of my characters but the problem is I don't know where to start drawing the lines. (He's the same guy in the previous post, yes.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...132247.png - I drew this in Japan. One of three pictures I drew there. That was a fun trip! (I saw the shirt on someone and wanted to try it, the rest of it was just me making stuff up.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...2259_1.png - I have absolutely no idea when I drew this but I ain't even mad

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...2300_0.png - Another of the three pictures I drew in Japan; it was my tour guide (who was also from Hawaii and thus was sheer awesome) that I kind of just animified for no real raisin. He had nice hair.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...2300_1.png - I drew this when I was down in the dumps. Getting thrown into a trash can sucks, by the way, and I wouldn't ever suggest it, especially when you can't get out easily. Also: don't eat rotten banana peels.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...1916_0.png - The last of three pictures I drew in Japan. It was cold and I wanted a jacket at the time. After I drew it it got uncomfortably hot, so I guess it worked?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...2004_3.png - I drew that one character of mine in an action-y thing because I wanted to try drawing something action-y. He's probably running down a building? Or he's running straight at something, I don't really know or care.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...2004_5.png - Some girl. Drew it for no reason.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...270915.png - A guy wearing a dress. I wanted to practice coloring so there ya go.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1753...250328.png - A girl with neon hair. Same reason as the above, wanted to practice coloring, failed horribly. The shaded version is so much worse.

And that's all for today because I'm getting irritated at this keyboard. Suffice to say I've drawn a lot more than just that stuff; it's been a year, after all.